- Gov. Paterson’s threatened cuts to school budgets anger education advocates. (Times)
- New DOE purchasing rules threaten local publishers of books for English language learners. (City Limits)
- The schools in the Monroe building in the Bronx have been without a library for years. (Daily News)
- Cultural priorities could be behind Latino students’ low 4-year graduation rate. (Washington Post)
- Education is not one of Obama’s first priorities. (Wall Street Journal)
- The Wall Street Journal profiles Michelle Rhee, D.C. schools chief.
- Michelle Obama toured two Washington, D.C., private schools yesterday. (USA Today, Post)