- MONDAY: We talked to the head of the Fund for Public Schools about the financial crisis and launched a discussion of the state’s proposed growth model accountability system.
- TUESDAY: We investigated whether teachers should be allowed to wear campaign buttons in schools.
- WEDNESDAY: We asked what a Bloomberg third term would mean for the city’s schools and looked at questions about the state’s growth model that haven’t been resolved.
- THURSDAY: We noted that the DOE’s funding plan hasn’t been approved by the state and heard from the DOE on the campaign button issue.
- FRIDAY: We covered the kickoff rally of the A Better Capital Plan campaign and described the DOE’s opinion on building new schools.
And if you missed the daily news round-ups, they archive under headlines.
About our First Person series:
First Person is where Chalkbeat features personal essays by educators, students, parents, and others trying to improve public education. Read our submission guidelines here.