- MONDAY: We noted that Chancellor Klein will be talking ed reform in Australia, and tried out a new grading tool.
- TUESDAY: We shared Diane Ravitch’s recommendations for school governance, and looked into what turned around Chattanooga’s schools.
- WEDNESDAY: We worried that the economic downturn threatens corporate philanthropy to schools, and learned about innovative tech tools for teaching about the election.
- THURSDAY: We covered NYCLU’s analysis of student arrests and followed NYC educator Lorraine Monroe to a conference in Canada.
- FRIDAY: We attended a rally against budget cuts at City Hall and discussed TEP Charter School’s controversial model.
And if you missed the daily news round-ups, they archive under headlines.
About our First Person series:
First Person is where Chalkbeat features personal essays by educators, students, parents, and others trying to improve public education. Read our submission guidelines here.