Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat New York
Sign up for our newsletter.
I work to create lessons that allow students to be seen and understood in a way that I never was.
Why is the city’s education department doubling down on a test that perpetuates segregation?
Help Chalkbeat raise $80k by Dec 31
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom filling a vital community need. We could not do this without you, and we need your support to keep going in 2022.
Find your next education job.
- Rocky Mountain Prep: Special Education Teaching Assistant – 1k staffing stipend & 2k signing bonus!
- Poudre School District: LGBTQIA+ Coordinator – Poudre School District
- National Association of Charter School Authorizers: Chief Operating & Talent Officer
- Rocky Mountain Prep: Special Education Teacher
- Gunnison Watershed School District: Digital Marketing Consultant
Connect with your community
Find upcoming New York events
- Dec 7 – Z Combinator Schooling Workshop for Academic Leaders: Practicing with Teachers
- Dec 7 – Guardianship & Alternatives / La Tutela y Alternativas
- Dec 7 – Show Me the Numbers: Analyzing Data for Postsecondary Success
- Dec 7 – Turning 5: Understanding the Kindergarten IEP
- Dec 7 – College Facts, Myths & More: Understanding the College Admissions Process
After two COVID years, students are ‘traumatized by many of the normal routines of a school day.’
There aren’t enough men teaching elementary school. Here’s how we can change that — and why we must.
Working with young students taught me the importance of role models and the drawbacks of having none.
In COVID’s epicenter, Voyages Prep spent the first weeks of school creating art projects to support students’ emotional health and help them reconnect.