Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat New York
Sign up for our newsletter.
Too many school leaders just want to get back to a broken ‘normal’
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Jeffco Public Schools: Deputy Superintendent of Instruction and School Leadership
- East Harlem Block Nursery, Inc. : 3-K Group Teacher
- VOICE Charter School: Recruitment and Selection Specialist
- Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens: Middle School Teacher ($5,000 Signing Bonus!)
- National Association of Charter School Authorizers: Business Development & Fundraising Manager
Connect with your community
Find upcoming New York events
- Oct 26 – Hannah Senesh Community Day School: Lower School Open House
- Oct 26 – College Is Possible: College Programs
- Oct 27 – Race, Gender, and Reconstruction
- Oct 27 – College is Possible: Non-Diploma Credential Programs
- Oct 28 – Women’s Suffrage and Voting Rights Now Student Workshop Series (Grades 4-12)
I live in one of NYC’s most diverse neighborhoods. Here’s why it’s so hard to desegregate our local schools.
Much of the school integration work happening around the city is just parents and educators spinning their wheels.