- Bill de Blasio launched a lobbying campaign for funding pre-K. (WNYC, News, NY1, WSJ, Times, GS)
- The mayor-elect noted that his goal was for much of his plan to be in place by next fall. (DNAInfo)
- Lawmakers are calling on the state to rein in student data-sharing plans. (GS, LoHud, AP, News)
- Chancellor Walcott says he has no regrets as he prepares to leave office. (GothamSchools)
- On the next schools chancellor decision, de Blasio will only say it’s coming “soon.” (Capital NY)
- LoHud edit board: The state’s new auditing power over preschool providers is good news.
- City Council members and PEP members reflect on Bloomberg’s ed legacy. (Queens Chronicle)
- NY Post editorial board: Bloomberg right to caution de Blasio about pensions and union relations.
- A JFK vs. Lehman basketball game ended with the JFK coach’s 600th career win. (Riverdale Press)
- Forty Staten Island schools are getting beefed-up libraries thanks to Barnes and Noble. (DNAInfo)