Remainders: Should schools try to prevent childhood obesity?
- A former ed reporter asks whether educators should make sure kids eat healthy. (Educated Reporter)
- New York gave high-poverty schools $62 million to replace lost federal funds. (The New York World)
- Wisconsin teacher Pernille Ripp writes about the power of student blogging.
- City education advocates respond to the NYT’s recent op-ed “A New Education Mayor.” (Times)
- In Minnesota, segregation is common between district and charter schools. (Hechinger Reporter)
- The conservative American Enterprise Institute lists things to know about the Common Core. (AEI)
- Defying the Obama administration, California refuses to grade performance of teachers. (L.A. Times)
- Pennsylvania is preparing for new teacher and principal evaluation systems this fall. (Lehigh Valley)
- Mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio answers a New Yorker’s question about co-locations. (Times)