- John Liu is investigating $5.6 million the department of ed paid a Chicago firm. (New York Daily News)
- The Chessmates, the chess club at P.S. 503, won a citywide chess competition. (Brooklyn Eagle)
- Arne Duncan responds to Randi Weingarten, Diane Ravitch’s letter on Philly schools. (Education Week)
- Charter school leaders are gathered in D.C. this week for their annual meeting. (Huffington Post)
- Florida passed a law to strengthen the rights of parents of special education students. (Education Week)
- Here’s why teachers should be trained as actors. (KQED MindShift)
- A 40-year veteran teacher wore the same outfit in every single yearbook picture. (Dallas Morning News)
We won’t be publishing Thursday or Friday, but we’ll be back Monday. Have a great Fourth of July holiday!