- Parents are concerned about the Common Core’s impact on students with special needs. (SchoolBook)
- When Chicago announced 54 school closures, Mayor Rahm Emanuel was skiing. (Answer Sheet)
- For comparison, here’s how Chicago’s teachers union communicates about closures. (Ed Notes)
- A Broad Foundation-funded report concludes that mayoral control helps schools. (CAP via Russo)
- In exchange for losing some federal funds, states might get more funding flexibility. (Politics K-12)
- Language textbooks do a particularly good job at being relevant to students’ lives. (Thanks, Textbooks)
- Schools are off but we’re still around next week, on a reduced posting schedule. Enjoy the break!