Rise & Shine: City to promote some students who fail state tests
- The city will now promote most students who fail state tests and hold back only the lowest-scoring. (NY1)
- Some city school bus drivers say their union struck at the wrong time and did not help them. (Times)
- Chancellor Walcott wants parents to return Metrocards they were given during the strike. (Daily News)
- The Democrats who urged bus drivers to return to work did not actually promise anything. (SchoolBook)
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo could ask to impose a teacher evaluation system on the city on July 1. (Daily News)
- The Daily News lists principles for a Cuomo-imposed evaluation system and says he’s mostly on board.
- A federal panel listed steps American school should take to boost equity in education. (Washington Post)