- State GOP leader Dean Skelos wants a private tuition fund for students of illegal immigrants. (Times)
- Skelos’ plan was criticized by an advocate who says public funds are needed. (Daily News)
- In a Newsday op-ed, Shelly Silver calls for passage of Democrats’ version of the DREAM Act.
- Three months after Sandy struck, a school in lower manhattan still has no phone service. (DNAInfo)
- Parents are still struggling to get their children to school during the bus strike. (GothamSchools)
- To reduce street gun violence, a Philly hospital is giving young students grisly lessons. (Times)
- Charter school backers lobbied Albany lawmakers on a wide range of issues. (GothamSchools)
- More city schools are preparing teachers and students in response to Newtown. (Riverdale Press)
- The Post says the city’s secret morning-after pill program in schools hurts mayoral control’s credibility.
- The city launched a website for students interested in attending CUNY colleges. (Daily News)