Rise & Shine: In Chicago, school closure fears center on gangs
- A Chicago commission advised that closing high schools could exacerbate gang violence. (Tribune)
- The threat of midyear special education budget cuts has city principals anxious. (GothamSchools 1, 2)
- A report found that poor schools have more low-rated teachers. (GothamSchools, Post, WSJ, Daily News)
- The Daily News says the report proves that the city’s contract with the teachers union needs to change.
- Investigators found that a Brooklyn school aide asked a student to make pornography with him. (Post)
- Citizen Schools NY chief: A “second shift” of educators lets schools add time at low cost. (Daily News)