- Senate education bills “solely” about NYC will have to pass through a new subcommittee. (CapTon)
- A poem about a teachers contract more important than what’s between the city and union. (City Room)
- As lawmakers return to session this month, Common Core and school safety are top priorities. (EdWeek)
- One of Mario Cuomo’s proposals in his 1988 state address was to grow early education. (FERA Twitter)
- Randi Weingarten recommends that schools should decide if they want armed guards or not. (HuffPo)
- A reporter read the Mark Zuckerberg donation emails from Newark so we don’t have to. (Fast Company)
- A former education advocate in New York City is now making a splash in North Carolina (UNC TV)
- Gary Rubinstein says the latest MET study masks a lack of correlation found in value-added scores.