Remainders: Study questions early education program’s impact
- New research on Head Start finds that academic and social gains taper by third grade. (Early Ed Watch)
- U.S. News’s annual list of the country’s best high schools again has many from New York. (U.S. News)
- A short film about students reveals stark differences between two Massachusetts high schools. (Reuters)
- An effort is underway to answer the tricky question of who controls Detroit’s schools. (District Dossier)
- A list of wishes for children in 2013 starts with policies that support families. (Nation via Answer Sheet)
- P.S. 22’s famous chorus paid tribute to Sandy Hook Elementary School with a song. (YouTube)
- A Christmas wish is for Common Core critics to agree that good curriculum is needed. (Core Knowledge)
- Are you looking for something to do over break? Here’s a list of free museums to visit. (Insideschools)
- If you’re a teacher, you might apply for a U.S. Department of Education fellowship for teachers. (USDOE)
- Or nominate a really great teacher you know for a $25,000 prize for teaching excellence. (TNTP)
- You can also make a tax-deductible donation to GothamSchools to support independent journalism.
- Like the city schools, we’re taking next week off. Stay tuned for our year-in-review and see you in 2013!