Remainders: Educator guides to N.Y.’s new state tests out now
- If you have an hour, this video shows all of Monday’s mayoral hopefuls’ education forum. (Politicker)
- The state finally released guides for educators to this year’s Common Core-aligned tests. (EngageNY)
- California officials have okayed Common Core-aligned English standards. (Learning the Language)
- Florida’s education department is embroiled in a Common Core contract dispute. (Answer Sheet)
- Oh, hey! Speaking of the Common Core, don’t forget our event Monday on the standards. Details here.
- Here’s a primer on the Common Core critic we’re importing to the city for the event. (NYC P.S. Parents)
- A former top city schools official says many of Mayor Bloomberg’s policies should end. (GS Community)
- A student educated fully under Bloomberg says she got lucky to attend a midsize school. (City Limits)
- One in four schools that got federal improvement grants last year saw progress reversed. (Politics K-12)
- A pilot of new evaluations in Los Angeles means new tasks for teachers and principals. (Hechinger)
- Twinkies, whose producer just announced its demise, are a mainstay of science experiments. (Well)
- Teachers and parents have mixed feelings about the plan for making up Sandy days. (SchoolBook)
- Barring breaking news, we’ll be taking the rest of the week off. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!