Remainders: GOP ticket divided on standardized testing
- Though Mitt Romney is a fan, Paul Ryan has said his biggest gripe with NCLB is testing. (HuffPo)
- Ladies and gentlemen: the 2012 edition of the top Tweeters in education policy. (EducationNext)
- Officials said they will have a heavy hand in turnaround schools this school year. (Schoolbook)
- Chicago teachers moved one step closer to striking in response to the latest salary offer. (Catalyst)
- Paul Tough’s new book on character tackles a new paradigm in how children learn. (Times)
- Union advocates protested outside the homes of StudentsFirstNY board members. (CAP-NY)
- Democrats are more optimistic about the Common Core standards than Republicans. (EdMedia)
- A teacher says his advocacy is his way to serve kids outside of the classroom. (NYC Educator)
- A college-bound Hispanic high school student from the Bronx fears he’s not prepared. (Hechinger)
- Student enrollment centers for new arrivals in the school system will open next week. (InsideSchools)
- Eva Moskowitz did an hourlong interview with Northeast Public Radio to promote her book. (WAMC)
- The Observer lauds the latest tenure numbers and says Bloomberg’s overhaul is all but complete.
- A humorous slideshow of misspellings and grammatical errors in the ‘back to school’ spirit.
- For the last week of summer break, GothamSchools will be publishing for breaking news only.