Rise & Shine: Eva Moskowitz says she won’t run for mayor yet
- Charter school operator Eva Moskowitz won’t run for mayor in 2013 but might in the future. (WSJ)
- The Stuyvesant HS cheating scandal has grown to implicate 100 students. (Times, Post, Daily News)
- The DOE is investigating why it didn’t find out about the cheating until a week after it happened. (WSJ)
- The father of the junior at the center of the scandal said his son was under pressure to succeed. (Post)
- The Daily News says the scandal lays bare the reality that the cell phone ban is enforced selectively.
- The Post asks who can be trusted to take education seriously if Stuyvesant students are cheating.
- A buddy system at P.S. 51 has disruptive students empathizing with their teachers. (WNYC/SchoolBook)
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s education reform commission met for the first time. (GothamSchools, Crain’s NY)
- StudentsFirst’s Micah Lasher says the commission’s approach isn’t conducive to change. (Daily News)
- Security camera footage from George Westinghouse HS shows a dean beating a student. (Daily News)
- Connecticut is set to adopt a teacher evaluation system based on student test scores today. (WSJ)
- Post-split NewsCorp could use Joel Klein’s education division to keep the publishing wing afloat. (Times)