Rise & Shine: Inside a “turnaround” school that’s doing better
- The city detailed plans to close 33 more schools through turnaround. (GothamSchools, Daily News, NY1)
- One of the schools, Maxwell High School, earned a top grade on the city’s progress report. (NY1)
- The city’s newest private schools start the college search earlier than more established peers. (Times)
- The city and UFT are fighting again over teacher evaluation talks. (GothamSchools, Daily News, Post)
- The elite Hunter College High School confirmed its two-year interim principal to stay on. (SchoolBook)
- Built into value-added”models is a curve ensuring low scores even with improvements. (GothamSchools)
- The Daily News says the state’s labor relations board should stay out of evaluations negotiations.
- The Times says new federal data on student discipline by race points to a need to curb suspensions.
- Silicon Valley leaders are backing an effort to provide college access for undocumented students. (WSJ)