- The city is lifting its school-bake-sale ban in order to raise money for Haiti.
- A Weingarten ally, the Detroit union boss, looks at risk of getting voted out.
- Photos from inside Pissed Off Teacher’s school show blinds that can’t be shut.
- Maybe the Obama administration should focus on charter school laws’ quality, not quantity.
- Rochester’s mayor wants control of the schools in that other New York city.
- Jay Mathews kind of wishes there were a GothamSchools in D.C.
- Should the NEA invoke MLK Jr. to celebrate an excise tax victory? It’s of two minds.
- Homework over the holidays was common, according to an Insideschools poll.
- A study finds poor yields from Head Start.
- How should teachers be evaluated? The New York Times wants teachers’ thoughts.
- A new book on why boys fail in school describes a spiked awards ceremony: only girls won.
- And we welcome the city’s charter center to the blogosphere.