- Sen. Padavan says mayoral control talks in 2015 will sound a lot like they did this year.
- “Where’s the beef?” asks Sen. Perkins.
- State senators created a subcommittee on mayoral control that some are calling redundant.
- Norm Scott says writing “protect us” across the UFT’s survey won’t create change.
- Responding to a Jay Mathews column, a teacher says testing promotes depth over breadth.
- USDOE seems to have left lawmakers off the list of stakeholders in Race to the Top applications.
- South Dallas considers naming two schools after Obama and Sotomayor. Michelle gets a library.
- Rhode Island’s Board of Regents is feeling the pressure from Race to the Top.
- A California state appeals court ruled today that tests can be given in English-only.
- Our decentralized school system has one major benefit: experimentation.
- How many ELL dropouts is way way too many?
- The Squire Family Foundation wants philosophy teachers to join a network called PLATO.
- And the Times’ new restaurant critic is a former New York City public school teacher.